YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I have to Blog for a grade...

                Generally, blogging is my favorite thing to do. Micro-blogging to be more specific. I have a Facebook account and two Tumblr accounts to spread my thoughts and interests into the world. In fact, I have three blogs on Tumblr. I have been known to spend multiple hours reblogging pictures, text posts, quotes, and videos, so I should be relieved to have a homework assignment on blogging, yes? No. I loathe the thought of learning about blogging, it takes the recreational value out of my favorite pastime.
                In fact, after reading the article Blogging as Participation I am questioning my own motives for blogging in the first place. The article explains that there are two mindsets related to the ‘new technologies.’ Mindset one thrives on the individual and describes everything in physical industrial terms. On the other hand, mindset two is branded by the collective group and tools of meditation and relaxation. Why does everything have to be complicated and analyzed?
                The second mindset just made me think of the counter culture; “meditation,” “relaxation?” Just describing the ideals as a “collective” makes communes pop into my head. None-the-less, I still think my ideals lean toward the second mindset, it has a youthful, radical presence about it. That being said, I follow multiple “hippy” blogs anyway, so why deny that I identify with the thought that the world cannot be interpreted in physical-industrial terms alone?
                Furthermore, am I denying my spot in this world that is constantly moving forward? Before I was born great lengths were ensued to get your voice heard, it wasn’t until my little sister was born (five years after me) that blogs were even made available to the average Joe! Basically I feel that denying mindset two, I would be selfishly taking advantage of these rights I participate in every day.  

                The world has indeed changed, look at the past 20 years! Anyone amongst the more developed countries can log on to a multitude of sites and post whatever the heck they want. IT doesn’t even stop there. While posting your own thoughts and interest, you are attracting people with similar tastes, and they are doing the same!  Love blogging and I have to be grateful for it no matter what because it makes my voice so much louder and so readily heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment